Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bee Sting Cake

This past weekend we had lunch at Tom's house for his mum's birthday, so of course I jumped at the chance to bake! A bee sting cake was requested (according to Tom, but he loves it so it might have just been his own request) and since I needed to test out my recipe again for an upcoming event I decided to make it. The recipe I have though doesn't rise too much and if anyone has seen a bee sting cake then you know it needs to be cut in half with a custard cream in the middle. This was not achievable with how small it turned out. So I decided to make a second one, just without the almond glaze on top, and used it as the base! It's a pretty easy recipe so it wasn't too much trouble.

I'm really happy with how it all turned out, I even made pavlova too which I will discuss in the next post tonight. Here's a few photos of the bee sting!







No comments:

Post a Comment