Thursday, October 6, 2011

4 Years!

Last week Tom and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! I still can't believe we've been together for 4 years and we're getting married next year. Most people that know us also know that my favourite colour is purple and Tom's favourite colour is green (luckily those two colours work really well together). So in keeping with that colour scheme I made green and purple cupcakes! Well ok I made vanilla cupcakes with green and purple patty cases and purple icing. The design for the icing I got from Amanda at I Am Baker (here is the tutorial http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2011/07/lilac-cake-tutorial.html). I'd love to work on more designs similar to this, Amanda has such a great eye for creating amazing and even simple cake decorations. 

One more thing to mention, probably the most amazing present ever! For our anniversary my amazing husband-to-be bought me a KitchenAid Stand Mixer!! AND it's PURPLE!! I think he was pretty amused at my shocked face when I opened it, I still can't believe he bought it for me! And yes these cupcakes were made using the new mixer! 




and this is the KitchenAid Mixer Tom bought me!




No comments:

Post a Comment